Tuesday, November 6, 2007

JeSuS: La Terapia Que Si Funciona

Jesus: The Therapy That Works
With Cristy and the kids of Monte Sion
The banner speaks about Jesus being our greatest healer...in fact He is the only cure to all our sickness - physically and spiritually. Indeed He is the only therapy that works.
One thing amazing about my trip to GDL is that I was able to attend a Christian Church for 3 Sundays. I attended the Monte Sion Church "Mount Zion" where my Mexican friends Daniel and Cristina are regular attendees.
Outside the church with Vivi, Daniel, Cristy and Daniela

Of course, as expected the official language used in the church is Spanish including the songs, the sermon and the Bible that they use. Good thing though, I know most of the songs so I'm singing the english version while everybody's singing in Spanish. Quite hard, right?! What's even harder is I can't understand the sermon. Thanks to Rodrigo (Cristy's cousin) and Daniela who translated to me every word the preacher says.

I feel so blessed with this Church. Everyone's so accomodating and friendly. I may not understand everything that they say, I can feel the presence of God in them and I know that we are worshipping the same God. I'm thankful to God that he did not leave me alone in a foreign place. He gave me new friends and even family that I could count on.

Gloria a Dios!!!




No comments: