Saturday, November 15, 2008

Hospital Blues

I need to go undertime last tuesday. I received a lot of text messages and calls from mama that she's in a lot of pain and she wanted to go the hospital. She had a severe headache once again. I think this is the worst one. She's already vomitting and her system would no longer accept anything, even water. I hurried to New Sinai MDI Hospital in Sta. Rosa to meet her there. I came to the hospital first and when she and Junice arrived we hurried first to the OPD. No doctor available yet and she's already in great pain. We proceeded to the emergency room.
While she's being observed by the doctor, Junice and I went to Robinson's across the street to buy some food and groceries. While we were not around, the doctor adviced mama that she needs to be admitted. She replied, "Doc, antayin lang natin ang daughter ko. Wala kasi mag-aalaga sa kanila kung i-coconfine ako." aww! I'm touched. Mothers will always be mothers no matter what. When we came back, of course I agreed with the doctor.
She was confined for 3 days. I was so thankful that Mama has a healthcard courtesy of Hitachi. Actually, at the time she was admitted, I don't have cash. All I have is P500. As what I heard, initial deposit is P5000 if you don't have a healthcard. Thanks to the healthcard, we went out of the hospital without paying a single penny.
But we have to spend money also...fares from house and back and of course food. I needed to budget also for Junice. Since the hospital is between SM and Robinson's, Junice took the opportunity of going to SM on a daily basis while we were in the hospital.
We quite enjoyed our stay in the hospital. Aside from the nice service and facilities, the nurses (interns) were friendly or should I say, Junice is the one who is so friendly. All the nurses on the 4th floor are her friends. They would stay in our room just to hang out with Junice and see her sing and dance. I think we had special treatment from the nurses because of her.

1 comment:

lila said...

Hi chay! Add me up to your blogroll please and I'll link you back to mine! Glad your mom's okay na. :)